ICCDP announces a new global Montessori certification, CMDCP Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional for health care professionals. ICCDP collaborated with the Center for Applied Research CARD and Dr. Cameron Camp to bring a fantastic person centered Montessori course designed for health care professionals working with older adults who have a diagnosis of Dementia.
Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course
The CMDCP certification application process is very easy. The course titled “MDCP Montessori Dementia Care Professional” course is 6 hours and is easily completed from your home or office. CEUs for the course are available for
- Administrators (6.75 hours by NAB/NCERS),
- Recreational Therapists (6 hours from NCTRC and also meets the content required for the Geriatrics and Behavioral Health areas of specialization),
- Activities Professionals (6 hours from NCCAP)
- Nursing (Please refer to CEU Network folder within course portal)
Here are the simple steps:
- Step 1: Read the attached press release
- Step 2: Go to www.iccdp.net and click on the CMDCP application tab
- Step 3: Complete the CMDCP application
- Step 2: Complete the application at iccdp.net under “CMDCP Certification” and pay the application fee.
Step 3: Wait for your application to be approved by ICCDP. Once approved, you will receive an email from ICCDP.
Choose one of three options:
- Option 1 | Course and Certification
- Option 2 | CMDCP Grandfather Option
- Option 3 | Course Only and no certification
Step 4: Follow the link in the ICCDP approval email to register for the online course and pay the CARD Coursework fee (Anyone choosing the Grandfather option does not pay a Coursework fee)
*** IMPORTANT: Registration for the course is with CARD and is separate from your application with ICCDP, but YOU MUST USE THE SAME NAME AND EMAIL for both CARD and ICCDP ***
Step 5: Complete the online course, pass the test, and complete an evaluation. Once you do these three things, a certificate from ICCDP will be mailed to you if Option 1 was chosen.
Course and Certification Options
Option 1: Course and Certification.
Complete and submit the CMDCP application through ICCDP. Wait for approval. Sign up for the CARD online course, pass the test and complete the online evaluation and CMDCP certification will be emailed to you.
Option 2: Grandfather Option.
Complete CMDCP application, upload certificate of completion, wait for approval, bypass the course and the CMDCP certification will be emailed to you. If you have completed a Montessori Dementia Course from a state, national or international organization or university, choose the Grandfather option and bypass the course. This includes CARD course that you previously completed. You will need to upload your class certificate of completion and the ICCDP CMDCP certification will be emailed to you.
Option 3: Course only.
For professionals that want to complete the course but not become certified. Select this option in the ICCDP application and you’ll be sent straight to the CARD 6 hour online course. There is no certification awarded.
We are happy to answer any questions you have.
- Lynn Biot Gordon
LCSW CDP CADDCT CDSGF CFRDT
Chief Operations Officer
- Sandra Stimson
CALA ADC AC-BC COTP CDP CMDCP CADDCT CDSGF CFRDT