Skip to content
Help Persons with Dementia Stay Connected to the World
- Camp, C. J., Zeisel, J., & Antenucci, V. (2011). Implementing the “I’m Still Here Approach”: Montessori methods for engaging persons with dementia. In P. E. Hartman-Stein & A. La Rue (Eds.) Enhancing cognitive fitness in adults, (pp. 401-417). New York: Springer.
- Camp, C. J. (2012). Hiding the stranger in the mirror: A detective’s manual for solving problems associated with Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders. Solon, OH: Center for Applied Research in Dementia.
Delirium vs. Dementia
Ideas for Activities
- Camp, C. J., Schneider, N., Orsulic-Jeras, S., Mattern, J., McGowan, A., Antenucci, V. M., Malone, M. L., & Gorzelle, G. J. (2006). Montessori-based activities for persons with dementia: Volume 2. Beachwood, OH: Menorah Park Center for Senior Living.
- Camp, C. J. (Ed.). (1999). Montessori-based activities for persons with dementia: Volume 1. Beachwood, OH: Menorah Park Center for Senior Living. (translated into Spanish, Greek, Korean, Japanese, and Mandarin as of Oct. 2009).
- Joltin, A., Camp, C. J., Noble, B. H., & Antenucci, V. M. (2005). A different visit: Activities for caregivers and their loved ones with memory impairment. Beachwood, OH: Menorah Park Center for Senior Living.
Reading and Discussion Groups
- Skrajner, M. M., Haberman, J. L., Camp, C. J., Tusick, M., Frentiu, C., & Gorzelle, G. (2012). Training nursing home residents to serve as group activity leaders: Lessons learned and preliminary results from the RAP project. Dementia, 11: 263-274.
- Skrajner, M. J., & Camp, C. J. (2007). Resident-assisted Montessori programming (RAMP™): Use of a small group reading activity run by persons with dementia in adult day health care and long-term care settings. The American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias, 22(1), 27-36.
- Camp, C. J., & Skrajner, M. J. (2004). Resident-assisted Montessori programming (RAMP): Training persons with dementia to serve as group activity leaders. The Gerontologist, 44, 426-431.Also see: Reading Roundtable® (available at our web store)
Memory Books and Spaced Retrieval
- Memory Books and Other Graphic Cuing Systems: Practical Communication and Memory Aids for Adults with Dementia. By Michelle S. Bourgeois, Ph.D., CCC-SLP ©2007. Health Professions Press.
- Spaced Retrieval Camp, C. J. (2006). Spaced retrieval: A case study in dissemination of a cognitive intervention for persons with dementia. In D. Koltai Attix & Kathleen A. Welsch-Bohmner (Eds.) Geriatric neuropsychological assessment and intervention (pp. 275-292). New York: The Guilford Press.